Removable Media Recovery
External storage media devices are very common nowadays. We use these storage devices for data storage, or to transfer data between computers. These devices are convenient to carry and offer fast data backup and easy data recovery as compared to other storage devices.
Most commonly used external or removable media devices are Compact Disc (CDs), Digital Versatile Disc (DVDs), Blue Ray Disc, External Hard Drives, USB Pen Drives, USB Flash Drives, SD Cards, Memory Cards, Memory Sticks, Flash Drive, Solid State Drives (SSDs) etc.
Removable storage devices are becoming an essential part of people’s life and they also refer to some portable storage devices. The removable storage media provides a sense of independence to the consumer as they can use and save data anywhere and anytime they want. These storage devices although are portable, easy to use and operate but they have certain demerits thereby more prone to data loss because of physical damage, human errors, virus attack etc.
Data loss/ inaccessible problems are relatively common in case of the removable devices. There can be various reasons that may turn the data inaccessible. Sometimes the computer can’t access any information/data from these portable storage devices, because it may be corrupted due to improper plug-in or plug-out. Other errors like physical corruption, human errors, virus attack, logical corruption etc. can lead to unexpected data loss
Some of the common reasons behind data loss from External storage devices are:
- Pulling out of the media without shutting it off.
- Damage to the media by heat or any liquid.
- Physical damage due to mishandling.
- Virus or malware attack.
- Scratches on CD/ DVD.
- Damage due to electrical surge etc.
- Accidental deletion of a file or program
- Misplacement of CDs or Memory sticks
- Natural disaster, earthquake, flood, etc.
In case you have lost your data from your removable/external storage device because of the above mentioned reasons and you don’t have any back up for important data like photographs, files, and important documents etc., Do Not Panic. The data is still recoverable, with the help of professional data recovery service providers like Stellar. Our data recovery experts have extensive knowledge and ability to recover all your important data from any situation and from any devices.
Want to see, how we can recover your data. Watch this video here.
External Media Failure – Few things you should do?
- Stop using the media device that shows signs of failure
- Check the system for malware, viruses etc.
- Check the connecting USB ports, data cables, memory card reader etc. if they are working fine.
- Seek professional help for External media device data recovery
External Media Failure – Few things you should avoid?
- Don not try to open your media device by your own, this may further damage the device, and can lead to permanent data loss
- Do not format the media device.
- Do not swap the electronic components
- Do not use any unauthorized software application to recover data. Mishandling of device can lead to permanent data loss beyond the scope of recovery, or the cost data recovery may become more expensive
What we can recover?
We are most experienced organization/company for data recovery services in India. Stellar has been recovering data since 1993, and has served more than 2 million customers across the globe. Read here what our customer has to say about our services. We can recover upto 100% of data from external storage devices. We are helping our customers in recovering data from following removable media devices:
- Memory Card Data Recovery – Memory cards are storage devices which are very small in size and are removable, rewritable and lightweight. They can be used in mobile, audio players, iPods, digital camera, iPhone and other devices. We offer Memory/SD Card Data Recovery Services and recover data from corrupted SD cards. These Memory cards can be categorized into following:
- Flash Cards
- Memory Stick
- SD Cards
- MMC Cards
- XD Cards
- Secure Digital Card
- Pen Drive Data Recovery – The Pen drive can fail due to a number of reasons and the data accessibility can be compromised. No matter how the failure has occurred, we at Stellar Data Recovery have a high success rate of USB Pen Drive Recovery. Our Data Recovery Experts can recover data from flash drives that are faulty and hold critical & irreplaceable data.
- External Hard Drive Recovery – Experienced in all types of data loss, Stellar Data Recovery is particularly skilled at performing complex hard drive data recovery. The company can successfully retrieve data from mechanically damaged external hard drives. Stellar also has expertise in recovering data from all types of external hard disk.
- USB Flash Drive Data Recovery – USB Flash Drives are susceptible to damage and become corrupt and one may lose valuable data. Our pool of data recovery engineers specializing in USB Flash Drive Data Recovery allows recovering data from tampered, formatted, faulty and wet flash drive.
- CD/DVD Data Recovery – CD/DVD is an optical storage media that can store songs, movies, images, videos etc. At times these devices become inaccessible and performing read/write operation becomes impossible. This can happen due to scratches, smears, warping, or other physical problem. With our state of the art recovery equipment and DVD recovery methods, Stellar Data Recovery is capable of doing CD/DVD Data Recovery Services.
- Some other Stellar’s removable media recovery capabilities includes:
- SD Card Data Recovery
- Flash Drive Data Recovery
- Memory Stick Data Recovery
- Phone, External Memory Card Recovery (Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows phone)
We understand importance of data and can experience state of panicked customer at the time of data loss. Stellar can recover data nevertheless of the extent or the magnitude of data loss situation. We ensure maximum data recovery within minimum turnaround.
Speak to us for your Data Recovery requirement. Call your nearest Stellar Data Recovery lab for FREE consultation